, Food Services Director
Terry Snow, Food Services Secretary
SUBSTITUTE FOOD SERVICE WORKERS NEEDED IN ALL SCHOOLS. FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULES. PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL TO APPLY!!
THE FOOD SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS SEEKING A LOCAL CHEF TO VOLUNTEER IN THE KITCHENS FOR ONE DAY. CALL 508-358-7904 IF INTERESTED.
Nutrition Labels and Ingredients 2015-2016:
The Food Service Department is pleased to provide a new look to Wayland’s School Lunch program through increased visibility, providing enhanced quality in food, and offering larger portion sizes to the extent possible. In addition, we are pleased to inform you that we will be eliminating the use of Styrofoam in the district.
Please look for our new design:
- Monthly Theme Days will be highlighted for one or more “national” day
- Meatless Mondays will be offered
- Participation in Massachusetts Farm to School – Harvest of the Month Program will be highlighted
- Throughout the year taste tests will be scheduled to introduce new menu items
- We will Invite Guest Chefs into the cafeterias
- We will Work with WPS Green Team to try to coordinate offering more produce from the school gardens in the cafeterias
At the elementary level, we are introducing a Grilled Chicken Salad Plate as a new daily offering. Also, in response to parent requests, we will be offering more a la carte items for daily options such as yogurt, string cheese, etc.
Please note that a la carte items will not be sold to students with negative accounts…..even if they have cash.
The new school lunch prices for the 2015-2016 school year will enable us to improve the quality of our offerings and level of service to students and families. The prices are as follows: Elementary: $3.50; Middle: $3.75; High: $4.00
Please contact the Food Service Department at 508-358-7904 or Cheryl_Judd@wayland.k12.ma.us orTeresa_Snow@wayland.k12.ma.us with any questions, suggestions or concerns. Thank you for allowing us to serve you!
Elementary School: $3.50
Middle School: $3.75
High School: $4.00
End of Year Lunch Balance for graduating students or those leaving the district