SEPAC COMMITTEE OFFICERS:
Laura Malnight - 508-358-0283 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cari Cornish - 508-545-1038 email@example.com
Wayland Public Schools
Wayland Special Education Advisory Council
2015 - 2016
7:00 – 9:00 P.M.
|Wednesday, December 9, 2015
|| Parent's Rights and Procedural Safeguards Workshop
Presenter: The Education Cooperative
Place: 141 Mansion Drive, East Walpole, MA
| Tuesday, March 29, 2016
|| Overview of Special Education Programs in Wayland
Presenters: Wayland Spec. Education Staff
Place: Wayland Town Building, Senior Center
| Monday, April 11, 2016
|| Transition Workshop: What Makes for a Purposeful
Driven and Successful Transition to Adult Life
Presented at: The Education Cooperative
141 Mansion Drive, East Walpole, MA
6:30 - 8:00 PM
| Tuesday, May 10, 2016
|| Discipline with Love
Presenter: Dr. Hila Ben Levi & Ms. Kelly Mitchell
Human Relations Service, Inc
Place: Wayland Town Building, Selectmen's Mtg. Room
The Wayland SEPAC is trying to put together a list of resources for fellow parents. We would like to post this information on the district website so that parents can access it easily. We are looking for the names of any providers that you patronize that would be good with special needs children of all types. Pediatricians and other medical specialists, dentists, hair stylists, therapists of all sorts, etc. Other useful information might include stores or online shopping sites where you purchase items for your kids or sporting and recreational programs that your kids have enjoyed. If you have any information you would like to share with fellow parents, please send it via email to Laura Malnight (firstname.lastname@example.org
) as soon as possible. If you think of something not listed here, please feel free to share it! We would like to include anything that you think is helpful for other parents.
Laws & Regulations: Spec.Education Process Workshop: Parent Workshop
Spec. Education Eligibility Flow-Chart: Spec. Education Eligibility Flow-Chart.pdf
The Wayland Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) is the parent advisory council for children with special needs. The Council advocates for children with special needs and performs in an advisory and collaborative role to the Wayland School Committee relative to special education issues. SEPAC sponsors general open meetings to educate and inform parents about topics that affect them and their children. If you would like more information about SEPAC or to join and have your name on our mailing list please contact:
- To promote a network for parents of children with disabilities and
provide a forum to share information and discuss matters of relative
interest and concern regarding our children.
- To advise under Chapter 71B of the Massachusetts General Laws: 603
CMR, Section 28.00; the Superintendent and School Committee on
matters that pertain to the educationand safety of students with
disabilities as well as the operations and development of special
- To promote communication between SEPAC members, local, state and
national organizations, councils, andgroups.
Membership is open to all parents of children with special needs and
other interested parties.
- To promote a network for parents of children with disabilities and provide a forum to share information and discuss matters of relative interest and concern regarding our children.
- To advise under Chapter 71B of the Massachusetts General Laws: 603 CMR, Section 28.00; the Superintendent and School Committee on matters that pertain to the education and safety of students with disabilities as well as the operations and development of special education
- To promote communication between SEPAC members, local, state and national organizations, councils, and groups.