Welcome to Kindergarten 2016
The Kindergarten letters were mailed out on Tuesday January 19th to families with children eligible for Kindergarten in 2016. If you did not receive a letter, please contact Gretchen Lutz at 508-358-6818 or Gretchen_Lutz@wayland.k12.ma.us
As we prepare to welcome your child to Kindergarten in September 2016, here are the important things you need to know.
Kindergarten registration is conducted on-line and with the submission of the required paperwork.
1. Kindergarten On-Line Registration will open at 9:30am on Monday February 29th
The registration link will be available here on 2/29.
Please do not open this link until 9:30 on 2/29 as it will NOT REFRESH automatically or manually to the open link. You will need to close out of the site and re-open.
- Important Note: The availability of Extended Day BASE programming (12-3) will be dependent on enrollment demand. BASE offerings may vary by school but will be offered at least 2 days each week at each site. Please see the BASE letter and link below for further information.
2. Paperwork required for kindergarten enrollment is available for download here:
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Home Language Survey (sent in the packet)
- 5 year old Physical/Immunization form (from your doctor)
- Student Health History (sent in the packet)
- Green Preschool Questionnaire (sent in your packet if not already on file)
A complete kindergarten packet, that was mailed, is available for download here:
Please mail this paperwork to:
Wayland Public Schools
41 Cochituate Road
Student Services/Kindergarten Registration
Wayland, MA 01778-3421
Important Dates for your Calendar:
Wednesday, February 24 - Kindergarten Choices and BASE Informational Meeting
7:00-8:00 pm, Claypit Hill School cafeteria
Monday, February 29 - 9:30am On-line Kindergarten Registration Opens
Thursday, May 26 - Kindergarten Orientation Meeting
7:00 – 8:30 pm, Loker School cafeteria
Other Important Kindergarten Connections:
Dr. Stein’s Welcome Letter: Dr. Stein's Letter
BASE (Before and After School Extension) – Enrollment procedures, Policies, Fees and Contact information: BASE Information
Transportation and Bus Information – Registration, fees, timelines: Student Transportation
Health Services – Forms, regulations, immunization requirements: Wayland Kindergarten Registration Health Information.pdf
Food Service Information - Nutrikids Introductory Letter, Free/Reduced, Lunch Payment plan Food Services
If you have questions or if your child will NOT be attending Wayland Public Schools, please contact Gretchen Lutz at 508-358-6818 or Gretchen_Lutz@wayland.k12.ma.us