Welcome to Kindergarten 2017
The link to on-line registration will be available here on March 13th.
3/9 - Kindergarten Choices and BASE Informational Meeting
3/13 - On-line Kindergarten registration opens
5/18 - Kindergarten Orientation Meeting
5/12 - Placement letters will be sent to parents
The Kindergarten letters were mailed out on Friday, January 20th to families with children eligible for Kindergarten in 2017. If you did not receive a letter by February 1st, please contact Gretchen Lutz at 508-358-6818 or Gretchen_Lutz@wayland.k12.ma.us
As we prepare to welcome your child to Kindergarten in September 2017, here are the important things you need to know.
Kindergarten registration is conducted on-line and with the submission of the required paperwork.
- Important Note: The availability of Extended Day BASE programming (12-3) will be dependent on enrollment demand. BASE offerings may vary by school but will be offered at least 2 days each week at each site. Please see the BASE letter and link below for further information.
Paperwork required for kindergarten enrollment is available for download here:
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Home Language Survey (sent in the packet)
- 5 year old Physical/Immunization form (from your doctor)
- Student Health History (sent in the packet)
- Green Preschool Questionnaire (sent in your packet if not already on file)
If your child's physical is this spring or summer, please return all forms now and then send your Physical/Immunization Form after your doctor's visit.
A complete kindergarten packet, that was mailed, is available for download here:
Please mail this paperwork to:
Wayland Public Schools
41 Cochituate Road
Student Services/Kindergarten Registration
Wayland, MA 01778-3421
Other Important Kindergarten Connections:
Dr. Stein’s Welcome Letter: Welcome Letter
BASE (Before and After School Extension) – Enrollment procedures, Policies, Fees and Contact information: BASE Information
Transportation and Bus Information – Registration, fees, timelines: Student Transportation
Health Services – Forms, regulations, immunization requirements: Wayland Kindergarten Registration Health Information
Food Service Information - Nutrikids Introductory Letter, Free/Reduced, Lunch Payment plan Food Services
Pegasus Summer Experience
Registration is open for 2017, with an April 3rd deadline. Click below for the Pegasus online registration:
Pegasus Summer Experience
If you have questions or if your child will NOT be attending Wayland Public Schools, please contact Gretchen Lutz at 508-358-6818 or Gretchen_Lutz@wayland.k12.ma.us