At a series of fall meetings, the Wayland School Committee
discussed the projected elementary school reconfiguration cost savings. The estimate of this savings currently stands as follows.
The TBA notation reflects that a person leaving a position that was eliminated with the reconfiguration to 2 1/2 schools
would have been replaced by someone "to be announced" (TBA) at an estimated salary, as shown.
- Principal: $97,650 (TBA new staff member)
- 12-month secretary: $41,016
- Elementary teacher: $52,872
- Kindergarten teacher (0.65 FTE): $35,824
- Kindergarten teaching assistant (17.5 hours): $13,643
- Librarian: $55,114
- Music teacher (0.5 FTE): $22,704
- Guidance counselor (0.5 FTE): $47,228
- Teaching assistants (2): $43,315
- Custodian: $35,266
- MCAS stipend (1): $1,963
- SPED team leader stipend (1): $3,477
- Student activity stipends (4): $5,892
- Crossing guard and nursing (municipal budget): $39,000
- Health insurance (municipal budget): $59,500
- Summer work added due to the reconfiguration: -$4,600
- TOTAL: $549,864
The transportation cost difference will not be known until the end
of the school year. At present, the schools have one additional noon Kindergarten run above what was in
place last year.
Summer moving expenses and other non-personnel expenses have also not been
The Committee will update this analysis as additional information becomes available.